Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

How to be Wastewise

Waikowhai Primary School was lucky to have Ron come in to show us how to we should dispose our rubbish appropriately. Room 4 and Room 5 were in the hall together and we gained lots of new information. It was very shocking to find out how much rubbish Aucklanders generate. Ron shared some slides with us.


Here we are all eager to be Waste Wise.

Just one month's rubbish.

One month's rubbish if we compost all we can.























Here we are discussing and sorting pictures of items into three categories:- landfill, compost and recyclable.

What did we learn?
I learnt that a yoghurt pot can be recycled. Do not put it in the yellow bin.
Demitrius
I learnt that food scraps should be put in the compost bin.
Disaree
I learnt that we should put the if we put the right rubbish in the right bins. Food scraps will be eaten by worms and they become compost.
Tristan
I learnt that it is important to throw our rubbish correctly. We should wash our yoghurt pots before we put it in the recycle bin.
Nirvana-Jayde
I learnt that grass should go in the compost and cans should go in the recycle bin.
Mahan
I learnt that not everything should go in the yellow bin. Some things should go into the recycle bin.
Alisha
I learnt about recyclables. We should put orange peels in the compost and yoghurt pots should be empty and washed first before you put them in the recyclables bin.
Ruta
I learnt that we must put our rubbish in the correct bins.
Leilah
I learnt that cans should go in the recyclables bin and banana peels go in the compost.
TJ
I learnt that about recyclables. We put fruit peels in the compost bin and chips packets in the yellow bin.
Peitynn
I learnt about and recycling. You put orange peels in the compost bin.
Amara
I learnt that all fruit peels should go in the compost bin and things that cannot be recycled go in the yellow bin.
Jacob
I learnt about what rubbish to put in which bin.
Khash
We put food scraps in the compost bin. We put plastics in the recycling bin.
Freddy

2 comments:

  1. Wow R5, I thought that I learnt a lot...but you guys learnt lots and lots! What super ideas you have for reusing, recycling and reducing our waste. You are now the experts - don't forget to take the wonderful ideas home to try out there too.

    ReplyDelete